5 facts about the new Sunyani Airport you should know
The renovated Sunyani Airport is to be officially opened for scheduled domestic flights sometime later this year. Here are five facts you should know about this airport.
- The Sunyani Airport was constructed as an airstrip and later upgraded into an airport in 1969
- The Sunyani airport was shutdown in 2015 for renovation works, after significant defects on the runway was detected.
- Prior to shutting it down, it was serviced by now-defunct domestic airline operator Starbow
- It has a runway length of 1, 520 meters
- When completed, the terminal building will have the capacity to process 100 passengers per hour.